Accreditation follows successful theory and practical assessments. All the courses on this website include online theory assessments. SNSW members (only) may request a practical assessment via this page.
Before you apply for assessment
We want you to be successful so you should be completely ready for assessment. This means:
- Course theory completed, evidenced by a theory pass from this website, or a module cover sheet signed by a SAL accredited presenter.
- Sufficient practical experience gained.
- Financial member of SAL through SNSW or other state association.
What is ‘sufficient practical experience’?
Please select the role in the form below and review the specific guidance.
Tips for achieving success
- Review the marking matrix in the assessment documentation to ensure that you know what you need to demonstrate***. Do things ‘by the book’ which may not be ‘how we do things here’.
- Speak with your assessor prior to the day so that you can establish a rapport and discuss any issues.
- Accept any nerves, enjoy the experience, and recognise that any lack of success can be rectified next time!
- For more advanced roles: early in your training ensure that your local Area Technical Swimming Committee Coordinator is aware of your aspirations. Use more than one mentor and experience a variety of meets and officials. Listen to and act on feedback. Know the relevant current Rules of Swimming.
Assessment request form (ACT/NSW only)
If you have successfully completed a course on this website then first please login and return to this page. That will add your results with this request. Alternatively, please scan and attach your module cover sheet signed by a SAL accredited presenter.
Please submit a second request if you are seeking an additional assessment e.g. Timekeeper and Chief Timekeeper.
**A session is typically half a day at a full swim meet (not a club night).
***The marking matrix is included within the theory pass documentation automatically issued to you after a theory pass from a course on this website. For other roles not available via this website please download from here (see back pages of each learner guide).
What happens next?
After you submit a practical assessment request via this form it will be sent to your local Area Technical Swimming Committee Coordinator (ATSCC). They will consider your request and get back to you. Please note he/she is also a volunteer, and will need to find a suitable volunteer accredited assessor and appropriate event.